Attitude is the best predictor of new hire success, above both technical skills and experience!
Asking questions that get to the heart of what makes a person tick gives insight into the type of person they are, what motivates them and some of the character traits that make them unique. You can design questions to bring out whichever attitudes and values are important to you, your team and your business.
Here are six excellent interview questions to ask your potential employees before asking them to join your business. These are targetted to bring out the following attitudes in people:
- Tell me about a time when it was necessary to admit to others that you had made a mistake. How did you handle that?
- Can you describe a past situation at work that led you to grow as a person?
- Can you tell me about a time when you were faced with a major obstacle (work or otherwise) and how you overcame it?
- How would you describe the perfect work environment for you?
- Drawing on your work experience, can you give me an example of a time when you wanted to give up, and chose not to?
- How do you react when asked to do something beyond your capabilities?
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-31568173-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);